2018 Auction Information for Current Families
LOOK! LOOK! Do you see them?
Look at the Beautiful Hot Air Balloons Rising and Soaring in the Sky!
Dear Burgundy Families,
Like a hot air balloon, Burgundy continues to rise and soar, lifting a new and thriving generation. Please join us to celebrate and support Burgundy at our 36th Annual Auction on Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. As a community, we will enjoy dinner, cocktails, and bidding on exciting silent and live auction items to raise funds for financial aid.
Burgundy is uniquely teaching critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, communication, and other skills critical to success in the 21st century. The rising of the new Arts & Community Center and Campus Commons is also emblematic of the school’s investment in the development of the range of skills our children will need to navigate the world ahead of them.
We recognize the vital academic, creative and social skills that Burgundy teaches our children and we also appreciate the richness of our shared experience, derived in part from the diversity of our community. Financial aid is a critical tool that enables Burgundy to open our classroom doors to more families, strengthening the diversity of our community and enriching our children’s lives. This year, one in four students is receiving financial aid. In the last few years, the auction has netted an average revenue of $146,000 — all of which supports financial aid! This money, together with additional funding provided by Burgundy, helps a total of 67 students this school year. We're counting on you to rise with us again at this year's auction to meet this need, and enable our children and our community soar thanks to the support!
The success of the auction and the reach of Burgundy’s financial aid depends upon the generosity of our community. Here’s how you can help:
- Attend: Come to the auction (adults only) and enjoy a fun and meaningful night with friends. Tickets are $75 per person (including appetizers, dinner, dessert, wine, and beer) and proceeds directly benefit financial aid. You will receive an email invitation in mid-February with a direct link to a secure website through which you can purchase tickets and make requests to sit with a specific group of friends or families from your child’s class.
- Volunteer: Many hands make light work! We need volunteers to prepare, decorate, and clean up. Interested in helping? Email us!
- Solicit Donations: Ask your favorite local businesses if they will make a donation.
- Donate an Auction Item: We welcome all kinds of donations — from restaurant gift cards to popular electronics to vacation homes and trips. You can also gather a group of friends and, together, donate an item. Some classes organize a class gift or basket. Complete the donor form as soon as you can; or if you have questions and ideas to discuss, contact Auction Coordinator Allison Niedbala at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Host a Party: Donate a memorable experience by hosting a party and let auction-goers sign up to attend! Please consider your own talents, expertise, and resources that you can combine to offer unique experiences to Burgundy community members of various interests and age groups through these “Sign Up Parties.” Some examples from recent years include a dinner and Evening Parade for families at the Marine Barracks and an Ease into Summer Wine Tasting for adults.
- Purchase Your Child’s Project: Students in every class, with the help of class designers, will create projects that are planned thoughtfully to be valuable keepsakes of your child’s current year at Burgundy.
- Purchase an Advertisement: Promote your business or services in the auction catalog OR send a message of gratitude or encouragement. Auction catalogs go home with every Burgundy family. Advertisements start at $50. Reserve your advertisement on the online donor form.
- Underwrite an Auction Cost: Help offset the expenses of items such as lighting or decorations by contributing toward the auction costs or underwriting the expense of goods and services. Every dollar that we do not spend on the event is another dollar that supports financial aid!
We encourage you to visit the auction webpage. Please check out the document “How Can I Contribute” for more ways to help. You’ll also find electronic versions of the business solicitation letter and donor contract on the page.
Thank you for your continued support of this important event. We look forward to seeing you at the Burgundy Auction!
|Jane Hyatt Thorpe,
parent of Carolina Jane Sramek,
parent of Nevie, 1st Sheep,
and Beezer, JK Chicks